Michael Burnett, Leonard Pickel, Davis Graveyard, Kyle Vest, Nick Wolfe, Victoria Lohman, Darkwater FX and more to bring their expertise to HAuNTcon 2019 workshops
Workshops join 70+ hours of education taking place at the event
Trumbull, CT (December 19, 2018) – HAuNTcon: The Haunted Attraction National Tradeshow and Convention announced today the schedule of hands-on, full-day and half-day workshops that join over 70 hours of advanced education taking place at the annual event, January 25-27 in New Orleans (with full-day and half-day workshops taking place Thursday, January 24). The workshops, which cover topics ranging from prop making and advanced airbrushing, to lifecasting, business plans and more, are designed to teach haunters advanced level skills to take back to their haunt for the 2019 season. As the first show of the year, HAuNTcon is a launching pad for new products, trends and ideas.
“We are thrilled to have such talented presenters joining us in 2019 to present this year’s workshops.” commented Liz Irving, senior vice president of marketing for HAuNTcon and the co-located Halloween & Party Expo. “This year’s show is centered around inspiration and new ideas and we are so excited for all of the advanced skills being showcased through the education sessions. We hope that the sessions provide actionable skills, strategies and techniques for haunters of all levels to bring back to their business.”
Full-Day and Half-Day Workshops
HAuNTcon’s full-day and half-day advanced workshops will take place prior to HAuNTcon opening, as requested by the haunt community, on Thursday, January 24 and are designed to delve into larger more complicated subjects that need more time than can be covered in a one-hour seminar. These classes offer hours of in-depth, hands-on one-on-one instruction. The 2019 schedule includes:
- Lifecasting with Body Safe Silicone, Jesse Shoemaker, Darkwater FX (12:30pm-3:30pm)
- Makeup Room for the Haunted Attraction – With Airbrush Course, Kyle Vest, Prince of Fear (9:30am-3:30pm, lunch included)
- Scary Faces, Nick Wolfe, Evil Twin FX (9:30am-3:30pm, lunch included)
- Opening Your First Haunted Attraction, Leonard Pickel, Hauntrepreneurs (9:30am-3:30pm, lunch included)
- Take Your Carving Skills to the Next Level, Victoria Lohman, Hot Wire Foam Factory (9:30am-3:30pm, lunch included)
- Prop Making 101 – Silicone Mold & Casing a Urethane Prop, Michael Burnett, FrightNight Studios (9:30am-3:30pm, lunch included)
HAuNTcon hands-on workshops (also known as make-and-takes) are designed to teach a technique, in a smaller project, so that attendees can complete a finished piece at the show. Back at their own attraction, attendees can use these techniques and knowledge to take their haunt to whole new level. The schedule includes the following workshops with more to be added.
- Realistic Tombstones (2 parts), Davis Graveyard, Friday, January 25, 10:30am and Sunday, January 27, 11:30am
- Introduction to Lifecasting, Michael Burnett, FrightNight Studios, Friday, January 25, 1:30pm
- Monster Mud Mini Ghost, Davis Graveyard, Friday, January 25, 4:00pm
- Creating a Shrunken Head Prop, Lynne Burnett, FrightNight Studios, Saturday, January 26, 1:30pm
- Skull Lamp, Davis Graveyard, Sunday, January 27, 1:30pm
New sessions are being added daily so check the website for more information.
Registration for HAuNTcon 2019 as well as all workshops is available at www.hauntcon.com (workshops require additional materials cost).
In addition to the workshops and education sessions, the 2019 event will be double in size, with 100+ vendors, networking opportunities, behind the scenes tours and more. Co-located with the Halloween & Party Expo – the events create North America’s largest event dedicated to all things Halloween, Haunt, Party and Celebration.
HAuNTcon, the leading event for haunted attractions, haunt owners and operators, agritainment owners, theme parks and home haunters, is a trade-only event that brings industry professionals together each year. Owned by Clarion UX, the event provides a platform for sourcing, learning, and networking. The next event takes place in New Orleans, January 25-27, 2019 and is co-located with the Halloween & Party Expo, creating North America's largest event devoted to Halloween, Haunt & Celebration. For more information, visit www.hauntcon.com.