Haunters to Watch
NEW for 2020, HAuNTcon, in partnership with the Haunted Attraction Network is excited to announce the launch of Haunters to Watch. Haunters to Watch is a recognition and awards program for the haunted attraction community created to showcase excellence in mentorship, business skills, innovation and storytelling. Have you created a unique and out of the box experience? Has your haunt experienced incredible growth in the past year? Have you created a program that fosters the growth of newcomers to the haunt community? We want to hear about it!
If you're named a 2020 Haunter to Watch, you will receive a VIP Pass to HAuNTcon 2020, a 2-night hotel stay, participate in a panel and awards ceremony at HAuNTcon, and be profiled by Seasonal Entertainment Source Magazine.
Haunters to Watch is Supported By:
Congratulations to our 2020 Winners!
- Up-and-Comer: Dark Horizon: Point of No Return (Orlando, FL)
- Fastest Growing Haunt: Hundred Acres Manor (Bethel Park, PA)
- Mentor: Jason (Jay) Helton, HUSH Haunted Attraction (Westland, MI)
- Off Season Business: Dead City Haunted House (Murray, UT)
- Excellence in Storytelling: HUSH Haunted Attraction (Westland, MI)
The 5 Haunters to watch for 2020 Will receive:
- 1 VIP Pass for HAuNTcon 2020 - January 17-19 in New Orleans, LA
- 2 night hotel stay at the Official Haunter's Hotel, the SpringHill Suites, during the show
- Profile in Seasonal Entertainment Source Magazine
- Participation in the Haunters to Watch Panel at HAuNTcon 2020
- Physical Award and recognition at the Haunters to Watch award ceremony at HAuNTcon 2020
- Recognition on the HAuNTcon website
The steering committee will also recognize the top 25 submissions online!
INTRODUCING OUR 2020 STEERING COMMITTEE
The Haunters to Watch steering committee is comprised of industry icons whose expertise in entertainment and haunted attractions spans more than 90 years. The steering committee will review all of the submissions to choose the 2020 honorees. Click the headshots below to learn more about each committee member:
haunters to watch CHAIRMAN pHILIP HERNANDEZ
Philip Hernandez is a freelance writer, speaker, producer, and marketer specializing in Seasonal Attractions.
In 2019 Philip published “Follow the Story – The foundation of every great attraction” and became a producer for Variant 31, worldwide.
In 2018, Philip became the CEO at Gantom Lighting & Controls, a manufacturer of the world’s smallest DMX LED lighting. Gantom is used in every major theme park worldwide to illuminate where other fixtures cannot.
Since 2014 Philip has published Seasonal Entertainment Source magazine (SES), a quarterly print publication for the seasonal attraction professional. SES ships to readers in over 18 countries.
Philip operates the Haunted Attraction Network (HAN), the largest global media entity for the haunted attraction industry. HAN includes written content, videos, a series of podcasts, and the Haunt Design Kit brand.
Philip produces the Leadership Symposium for Seasonal Attractions, a masterclass series for seasonal attraction professionals. Watch more here.
Philip co-hosts the ‘Marketing your Attraction’ podcast monthly. Listen here.
Contact Philip for projects here: firstname.lastname@example.org