70+ HOURS OF ADVANCED, BUSINESS BUILDING EDUCATION RELEASED FOR HAuNTcon 2019
Program features industry leading speakers including Leonard Pickel, Margee Kerr, Ted Dougherty, Scott Swenson, Amy Hollaman, J. Michael Roddy, Justin Fears, Kyle Vest, Jeff and Chris Davis and more
Trumbull, CT (October 10, 2018) – With more than 70 hours of advanced education and industry-leading speakers from some of the largest haunted attractions in the United States, the education program at HAuNTcon 2019 has been designed to provide haunters innovative new ideas to take their business to the next level. Taking place January 25-27, 2019 in New Orleans, the Haunted Attraction National Tradeshow and Convention, released today the schedule of sessions for 2019 which will feature industry leading speakers including Leonard Pickel, Margee Kerr, Ted Dougherty, Scott Swenson, Amy Hollaman, J. Michael Roddy, Justin Fears, Kyle Vest, Jeff and Chris Davis and many more.
“We are dedicated to showcasing and sharing the innovation of the amazing haunt community as well as helping haunters be as successful as possible,” commented Liz Irving, senior vice president of marketing at HAuNTcon and the co-located Halloween & Party Expo. “With the growth of this year’s show and feedback from haunters in mind, we wanted to ensure the 2019 education program showcased advanced and new topics guaranteed to inspire haunters at all levels of experience while helping them drive revenue and guest satisfaction. We are so excited about this year’s lineup and will be welcoming speakers from the across the haunt community as well as those with perspectives from different industries to share their ideas.”
The education sessions on the 2019 program will cover everything from marketing and business, to scenic design, makeup, safety and security, actor recruitment and training, and strategies for escape games. For the first time, all sessions will happen in rooms that will be built at the back of the vendor floor – allowing attendees to easily meet and place orders with exhibitors in between sessions.
Highlights of the program include:
- The first release of all new fire codes for escape rooms and products being used within escape games that will be mandatory in 2019 by the National Association of State Fire Marshalls
- Makeup, prosthetic and airbrush demonstrations by Kyle Vest, Nick Wolfe, Justin Fears, as well as working with thermoplastics from WONDERFLEX
- Sessions devoted to marketing, driving ticket sales, enhancing your digital presence, and making the most of social media from Fearworm Hauntvertising, The Queen Mary, and Seasonal Entertainment Source
- Exercises to bring out your inner monster, create a winning team culture, and attract and retain cast members by the Gatlinburg Space Needle, Amy Hollaman of Epic Entertainment Group, A Petrified Forest and more
- Scenic planning and design courses focusing on creating stories, setting first impressions with set design, lighting techniques, infrastructure, show control automation, designing based on the psychology of perception, and more from Techni-Lux, Leonard Pickel, Margee Kerr, Screams Halloween Theme Park
- Strategies to secure guest and staff safety including responding to an active shooter, managing emotionally charged situations, and responding to violent events
In addition to the 70 presentations, panel discussions and demonstrations, the program will also include hands-on make and take demonstrations across the three days of the event and full and half day workshops on Thursday, January 24. Roundtable discussions will also take place on the show floor and new for this year, based on haunter feedback, HAuNTcon will be introducing roundtables organized by attraction type allowing operators and owners of similar attractions, such as escape rooms, outdoor attractions, hayrides, and more, devoted time to come together and discuss opportunities and challenges within their business type.
Concluded Irving, “It is important for us to shape all programs based on haunter feedback and we believe that this year’s program addresses the need for next level education and will showcase what’s new and what’s next while bringing together the entire haunt industry.”
The education program is available here, and sessions will continue to be added in the upcoming months. Full Weekend and VIP Passes include access to all education sessions taking place during HAuNTcon (excluding paid make and take and full/half day workshops), as well as the HAuNTcon and Halloween & Party Expo vendor floors and the Brewing, Booze and Boos costume ball. For pricing and tickets visit www.hauntcon.com.
HAuNTcon, the leading event for haunted attractions, haunt owners and operators, agritainment owners, theme parks and home haunters, is a trade-only event that brings industry professionals together each year. Owned by Clarion UX, the event provides a platform for sourcing, learning, and networking. The next event takes place in New Orleans, January 25-27, 2019 and is co-located with the Halloween & Party Expo, creating North America's largest event devoted to Halloween, Haunt & Celebration. For more information, visit www.hauntcon.com.